[rescue] Monitors and Sync

Robert Rose rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jan 3 02:07:39 CST 2002

 >However, video processing is exactly why my first choice SGI
 >affordable SGI (as opposed to an Onyx with unobtainium boards)
 >is an O2.
So I bet you're probably really pissed that my $250 O2 has only
had it's video-in used once for 5 minutes and never had it's
video-out ever used at all.

It's not that I mean to ignore it, it's just that I've got so
many other things to play^w work on that I haven't had time
just yet.  I was hopeful over christmas, but spent most of it
getting this proliant 800 going.

 >Not sure how well it handles IEEE-1394 video though.
If I ever find a cheap PCI card for it, I'll let you know.  I
don't think I could afford SGI's list price and I haven't been
able to find out if any third-party ones will work in it.

Rob.

PS. Sorry if this mail is a bit ugly, am forced to use Mozilla
on the O2 while my laptop is in with Toshiba for a new screen.