[rescue] Monitors and Sync

Big Endian rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 2 11:16:14 CST 2002

>On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, Big Endian wrote:
>
>>  > Also which of the ports does the monitor cable hook to?... the set
>>  > of 4 BNC's or 3?
>>
>>  Should be the set of 3.  The set of 4 includes a seperate alpha
>>  channel.  Not sure why... Josh?
>
>Sync... not Alpha;  see following numbers of connectors:
>
>   3:  R  G  B        (Sync on Green; DEC, HP, IBM, Mac, NeXT, SGI)
>   4:  R  G  B  C     (Composite Sync;  Sun)
>   5:  R  G  B  H  V  (Seperate Horizontal and Vertical Syncs;  PC)
>
>Think this is correct.

Nope... These are VGX/VGXT SGI Crimsons.  They are SOG, but there is
an option to do a seperate Alpha as well.  My RE crimson has a 13W3
Connector on it so I can't look at one right now but if I recall
correctly the fourth bnc is alpha.  I think it has something to do
with output to tape perhaps.

daniel