SOLVED!!! Re: [rescue] Ultra 30 and Maximum Drive Size

Gary Nichols rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 1 14:51:56 CST 2002

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle.
(No Dave, she's not cute!)

So I'm staring at the jumper blocks of some other IBM drives I have
laying around and notice that a few have a jumper set.  DING DING DING!

Turns out that the 18GB IBM drive I installed didn't have the 'disable
sync negotiations' jumper set.  After I set the jumper I popped the
drive back in and BAM autoboots just fine.   I just added a second
18GB drive to hang /export/home off of and life is so, so good.

I'm amazed at the performance increase these 7200rpm drives add.  NICE.
Thanks to everyone for their comments/suggestions/emails.

Gary Nichols
garynichols at mysun.com