[rescue] Re: don't buy from ebay seller connectcomp.com

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Thu Feb 28 16:05:13 CST 2002

> > > I bought my Ultra 1 from them on ebay a year and a half ago... got it
> > > promptly and was quite satisfied with my transaction. Shipped and arrived
> > > on time, as advertised, and they were good with communication.
>
> I too had a 'bad' experience with them. Never again will I deal with those
> bozo's.

I've bought from them before without any problems, but now I'm
trying to contact them about a problem with a StorageWorks
power supply I bought from them (supposedly pulled, working,
from a BA370 shelf).  I installed the power supply, no problems,
so I installed an RZ29-VW, still no problems, so I then added
the other four drives.  A loud "Szzzt!", followed by a bad
smell, and now I have five dead drives.  The old power supply
(the older 130W) had no problem, so the new power supply (the
newer 180W) shouldn't have, either.  Email to them isn't
working, so now it is time to go through the process of
requesting their contact information.

I want my money back and the damaged drives replaced.  I'll
bet all I get is my money back on the power supply.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net