[rescue] WaveLAN/Solaris info needed

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Thu Feb 28 05:17:52 CST 2002

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 12:39:49AM -0500, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> > dmesg is your friend.
> > If you don't see it in dmesg, then I think that the kernel isn;t seeing it
> > and loading the driver, a-la installing a FDDI interface in Solaris, you have
> > to install the driver first, then it shows up in the dmesg, then you can
> > plumb it...  I think...
>
> D'Oh!  didn't even think of that.  it's PCMCIA, it should Just Work(TM) dammit!
> ok, i'll boot -r and see what happens.

ok, nada.  still shows up in the prtconf, but the driver still isn't attatched.
i don't see it in the dmesg either.

dammit.  it may be time to give up on this and just get a damn access point.
so any suggestions?  it needs a high geekpoint rating, and should be able to
have a killer antenna attached to it if it doesn't already have one.  i want
to be able to sit anywhere in the yard and surf the web.

-brian

--
"Oh, shut up Buddha."  -Jesus Christ (South Park)