[rescue] Re: Determining the country of orgin for IP address(es)

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Wed Feb 27 21:41:14 CST 2002

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 10:41:41PM -0500, Brent B. Powers wrote:

>     Brian> there is also a perl module to read and write Excel
>     Brian> spreadsheets.  i know, i just used it to take server stats
>     Brian> and put them into a pretty multisheet workbook for suits.
>     Brian> and they thought i was going to do it by hand ever week.
>
> Doesn't it work by opening up a connection to a running instance of
> Excel?

the running instance of excel on the UE4500 my script runs on?  no, not at all.

Excel uses the Binary File Format (BIFF) which is a publicly documented
format.  google for it.  you can get the specs.  until i found the perl
module i was going to write a C library that does the same thing.  no
Excel needed.  ever.

-brian

--
"Oh, shut up Buddha."  -Jesus Christ (South Park)