[rescue] What is Wabi?

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Wed Feb 27 13:12:23 CST 2002

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002 laz at orac.moaa.org wrote:

> Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 12:49:11 -0500 (EST)
> From: laz at orac.moaa.org
> To: rescue at sunhelp.org
> Subject: Re: [rescue] What is Wabi?
>
> egads..
> if I recall correctly, WABI was an Apple Macintosh emulator.

Nope

WABI Windows Application Binary Interface... last version was like 2.2
Ran Windows for Workgroups 3.11 on Solaris.  I used to use it instead of
Windows in college in order to never reboot my Solaris computer... a
favorite phrase of my best friend's is.."Wait, my machine got screwed up.
I need to reinstall Wabi in order to do my lab report (Word and
Sigmaplot)"  I stayed up until like 3 AM just to get that machine working
right.  WABI hosed the filesystem when we had a power outtage and it was
running.  And the disk of course was bad... not just a few miswritten
bytes... must have been a power surge.

MAE is the macintosh emulator for Sparc architecture only.  MAE 3.0 ran up
to system 7.5.5 I believe... perhaps 7.6.1 or 8.1 are also supported...
(i.e. the last 68040 systems)

Andrew