[rescue] What is Wabi?

William Enestvedt Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Wed Feb 27 12:30:19 CST 2002

Matt wrote:

> egads..
> if I recall correctly, WABI was an Apple Macintosh emulator.

   Actually, I think you're confusing it with MAE, the Macintosh Application
Environment.
   My former employer still uses a *pile* of licenses of MAE, surprisingly
well, on SS2's and 10's: stick with Word 5 long enough (since MAE emulates
an '040, not PPC) and you can avoid the upgrade to Mac Office 2000 for a
loooong time. Sure, the hundred-odd Macs in the office may screw up files by
editing Word 5 docs that the Sun users need to keep unconverted, but ain't
that the price of progress? :7)
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt