[rescue] using blender alone is going to be painful

Shawn Wallbridge swallbridge at franticfilms.com
Wed Feb 27 11:25:46 CST 2002

The new renderer that we are moving to (Exluna's Entropy) is heavily
multithreaded. When we run it on our 8way, it pegs all the processors. It
really flies on our new Dual 1.5GHz Athlon render slaves. We are very
impressed with Entropy, it is really nice. The developers are great to deal
with and we have had very good output from it. We just bought 60 seats
actually.

3DSMax is also somewhat multithreaded (it's not the best, but it does use
most of the second (or eighth) cpu). I don't know if the UI is multithreaded
or not, but the renderer is. But that only runs on PeeCee's.

shawn