[rescue] Re: Computing Furniture Applications

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Feb 27 09:29:22 CST 2002

You might try an autoparts store that does paint sales (this won't be
"Western Auto" or "Pep Boys" or any other big chain). They can match
anything. I recommend an acrylic base forumula. Buy a cheap air brush at a
hobby or art store (Badger brand are cool) and a can of "air" for air brush
(so you won't have to buy a compressor). The finish is good enough to paint
anything Sun periwinkle blue (though you might not want to use lacquer based
paint as it might attack some plastics). Its great for non-sun monitors,
drives, filler plates and CD-ROMs. When the black computer craze caught on,
I did a few PC's in black.

Your total investment will likely be less that $60 bucks and sets you up to
paint chassis too. Be sure to get a bottle of solvent for the paint so you
can clean the air brush.

James Fogg, Network Engineer
Vicinity Corporation - New Hampshire
(603) 442-1751