[rescue] let's revisit the whole FC-AL thing

Joshua Snyder josh at imagestream.com
Wed Feb 27 01:03:32 CST 2002

Well take a look at http://www.tcnj.edu/~feuss2/fibre/fibre.html not much
info on how to wire the tcards(and SSA style boards) but many good pics.
When I last looked into making tcards I believe I determined that it would
take a minimum of 12 solder joints per tcard.  The reason I didn't go much
farther than just looking into making tcards was the cost of the controller.
Most of us will have a Scsi controller laying around, but I didn't have
FC-AL controller.  And at the time the cheapest one I could find was about
$140.  I figured by the time I got the controller and drives I would be
better off with plain scsi...

			josh