[rescue] let's revisit the whole FC-AL thing

nick at snowman.net nick at snowman.net
Tue Feb 26 22:59:54 CST 2002

I was thinking 8 disks per board for a total of 24.  it simplifies
addressing tremendously.  (since it's done the same way scsi is, just 8
bits instead of 3 or 4).  6 power pins, a bunch of ground, activity led
shouldn't need to leave the board.  I don't Belive that discrete
components will be required per board, but the "host" board (that three of
these trays connect to) will require several, and a bunch more if the
sleds for the PSs are "stupid", forceing it to do the power handling.  I
can send you my prelim schematics, but they're... erm. Messy.
	Nick