[rescue] PC ShmeeCeee

James Sharp jsharp at psychoses.org
Tue Feb 26 12:55:52 CST 2002

> >   I never suggested otherwise.  I don't have a problem with the fact
> > that there are backward compatibility requirements.  I have a problem
> > with the fact that so much of the world adopted such an obviously BAD
> > design so readily, and now we're stuck with it, at least for a little
> > while longer.
>
> We're not stuck with it -- they are.  (And even so we can benefit from
> some of the cost savings their mass purchasing power brings by carefully
> selecting suitably well designed components and using them in more
> appropriate ways -- why even Sun does that.)

And we get the real hardware for pennies on the dollar when some suit
decides that all those "UNIX Boxes" need to be replaced by PeeCees running
NT.

No problem, sir...I'll be more than happy to take that old clunker of an
E450 off your hands for $1000.  I'm glad to see you're moving up to a
P4/2.4Ghz system.

*snickers & giggles evilly & runs off*