[rescue] let's revisit the whole FC-AL thing

nick at snowman.net nick at snowman.net
Tue Feb 26 04:13:53 CST 2002

It's not that simple.  For the design I was going for the PCB is required,
though if you'd like I can provide the pinout, it's a public spec, and you
can attach a total of ~10 wires.  4 tx/rx, a few power, and whatever ID
etc you require.  Converting SSAs is not really worth the trouble, I was
just useing the general design, and possibly (if I can get the brackets
cheap) the brackets.  There are minimal electronics required, (~30$
total) so the physical enclosure should be almost one third the cost, the
SCA connectors the next third, and the power supplies (my current thought
is three ATX power supplies on sleds to make them hotswap) the last.
	Nick