[rescue] PC ShmeeCeee

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Feb 26 03:10:56 CST 2002

On February 26, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> >   The processor is only half of the problem.  The other half is the
> > crap system architecture designed around it, that the world can't get
> > away from due to backward compatibility requirements.
>
> Yeah, backward compatibility requirements that are not even remotely
> related to the real-world requirements that people use computers for....

  I never suggested otherwise.  I don't have a problem with the fact
that there are backward compatibility requirements.  I have a problem
with the fact that so much of the world adopted such an obviously BAD
design so readily, and now we're stuck with it, at least for a little
while longer.

   -Dave

--
Dave McGuire