[rescue] Re: Computing Furniture Applications

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Mon Feb 25 22:22:25 CST 2002

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Amy wrote:

> more or less just coffee-table sized. sorta like a o2k or somesuchish
> type thing. it'd be a good retired function for them if they werent in
> working order and i've been looking for such a beastie to sit in my
> living room or the eventual megacomputer room (hey, baker furniture
> didnt have anything i liked ;).

I have a pair of SPARCserver 330 chassis in use as end furniture...
currently not drawing any power (my power problems have been documented on
this list before), but one does have a 600MP board in it. So it has
potential draw, not kinetic draw.

The Alphaserver 2100 outside my office at work would work better for big
furniture, although a pair of E3000 chassis with a thick sheet of
plexiglass would be pretty cool too.

I may replace my coffee table with the 330s with plexiglass one of these
days, when I get the six computers off of it and find a place to put it.

--Rob