[rescue] FDDI card

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Feb 25 14:26:58 CST 2002

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 02:12:48PM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 02:55:50PM -0500, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 02:57:21AM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> > >   8) total lack of any *reasonable* boot ROM (like OpenBoot)
> > I believe that the SGI 2nd worse embarassment (AKA, the first generation of
> > Wintel machines from them) had a real boot rom.
>
> They did; although the machines still sucked (required custom NT dist
> from SGI, etc..)

I would say they sucked because they required a special NT dist.  I'd say they
stank because they never introduced proper linux support (let alone BeOS,
NetBSD, etc), and the fact that they use x86.  Even if x86 can do the job, I'm
still not happy about it.  Only 4 general registers?  For crying out load.

--
Joshua D. Boyd