[rescue] Fry's

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Feb 25 03:54:03 CST 2002

On February 25, Kenneth Dunn wrote:
> >   Do you have some references to back this up?  I remember when the
> > 80386 was announced, and I don't recall any mention of anything of the
> > sort.
>
> I recall reading an old Intel propanda sheet stating it was designed
> specifically for Unix. It may have been some other i80x86, but I'm
> pretty sure it was the i386DX.

  I suspect that was the propaganda sheet that they printed up for the
Unix market.  The one they printed for the desktop PC market likely
said it was "designed specifically for MS-DOS", and the one they
printed for the high-end embedded systems market probably said it was
designed specifically for the high-end embedded systems market.

     -Dave

--
Dave McGuire