[rescue] Another Sun lined up

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Mon Feb 25 03:30:40 CST 2002

On 2002.02.25 01:51 Kenneth Dunn wrote:

> It is an IPX with 16MB RAM, no monitor, no keyboard/mouse.
Nice machine. You should look for a keyboard / mouse / monitor cable.
The IPX has a CG6 = 1152 x 900 8bpp with acceleration. Quite usable for
X.

> Can I assume that it will accept 16MB 72 pin 36 bit fast page RAM ?
Yes. 4MB or 16MB modules, max 4 pieces.

> If there is no keyboard plugged in will it default to
> serial terminal for user I/O ?
Yes. You need a MiniDIN to DB25 adapter, as the IPX has MiniDIN 8
connectors for serial IO. Piout should be in the FAQs.
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen