[rescue] NFS Server?

Derrick D. Daugherty derrick at blinky-lights.org
Sat Feb 23 21:38:38 CST 2002

It's rumored that around Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 10:32:35PM -0500
Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
> On February 23, Derrick D. Daugherty wrote:
> > It's rumored that around Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 10:06:12PM -0500

> > > Why not Auspex?
> >
> > Because they're dead.  Their technology is old and they don't spend any
> > $ on R&D, at all.  I don't know of a single new auspex box in the past
> > few years..if so, not one that has been purchased and in production.
> > They were before netapp, netapp is now.
>
>   Well, *old* Auspex boxes kick ass.  I've used several of them.  They
> are really great boxes.

hence my last sentence :)

 BTW, if you're looking to get a good deal on netapp or emc kit, just
tell them you're leaning toward auspex, they get LIVID at the mention of
the name :D

yes i used this liberally in negotiations.

just this week netapps quoted me 75K to renew the license and 3.5k
per box for maintenance....they blanched at the thought of me going
auspex or doing fbsd pc's in the field.

i hate salesdroids