[rescue] NFS Server?

Derrick D. Daugherty derrick at blinky-lights.org
Sat Feb 23 21:29:13 CST 2002

It's rumored that around Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 10:21:20PM -0500
Joshua D Boyd <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 09:17:37PM -0600, Derrick D. Daugherty wrote:
> > It's rumored that around Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 10:06:12PM -0500

> > > Why not Auspex?
> >
> > Because they're dead.  Their technology is old and they don't spend any
> > $ on R&D, at all.  I don't know of a single new auspex box in the past
> > few years..if so, not one that has been purchased and in production.
> > They were before netapp, netapp is now.
>
> Were you really going to buy yourself a new NetApp?  I thought we were talking
> about stuff a collector could get, not a system for a current business.

I was replying to a post on what to get.  He did not give details on the
usage, whether home or work.  So I gave both answers, cheap home and
real live production.  There was no mention of budget in the request.

I have no idea if it's for collector ues only.