[rescue] NFS Server?

Derrick D. Daugherty derrick at blinky-lights.org
Sat Feb 23 21:17:37 CST 2002

It's rumored that around Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 10:06:12PM -0500
Joshua D Boyd <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:

> > if you have a budget i'd recommend a netapps above all others.  It's
> > tops in respect to seepd, management and reliability.   fbsd has a clean
> > fast side to it, sun has a higher availabitly side to it.. netapps
> > combines both.
>
> Why not Auspex?

Because they're dead.  Their technology is old and they don't spend any
$ on R&D, at all.  I don't know of a single new auspex box in the past
few years..if so, not one that has been purchased and in production.
They were before netapp, netapp is now.