[rescue] Another Solaris question

Derrick D. Daugherty derrick at blinky-lights.org
Sat Feb 23 21:06:19 CST 2002

It's rumored that around Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 09:46:55PM -0500
Joshua D Boyd <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:

> I did another boot -r and it worked.  I think it was fouled up because I had disconected the CD-ROM when I did the last boot -r.

yeah it lost the path.  if you didn't chagne sd.conf st.conf etc etc you
can usually just do a drvconfig;disks;devlinks and see it without the
reboot.  you only have to reboot if you've added luns to sd.conf or made
other kernel module changes.  same goes for `ports` and `tapes` for
their respective devices.

also, that path is in /etc/path_to_inst  and can be tied back to
/etc/name_to_major  these tell the kern mods what's up...

also..in 7 and above dev*something*adm does it..but i still use the old
way...

FWIW
^D