[rescue] NFS Server?

Derrick D. Daugherty derrick at blinky-lights.org
Sat Feb 23 21:00:41 CST 2002

It's rumored that around Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 09:11:57PM -0500
Eric Webb <ttlchaos at randomc.com> wrote:
> In your opinions, who makes a better (read: manageable, reliable,
> better-performing) NFS server of the major *NIXes?  I'm considering AIX,
> Solaris, Linux, BSD as options...

if it's an nfs only pc box i'd say fbsd for the net speed...but how large
and what sorta io is this going to be?  what sort of clients?

if you have a budget i'd recommend a netapps above all others.  It's
tops in respect to seepd, management and reliability.   fbsd has a clean
fast side to it, sun has a higher availabitly side to it.. netapps
combines both.

if this is just a home fileserver doesn't really matter...just do what
you want to learn or already know.

just my 2 cents.
^D