[rescue] Unpopular speech and Screwy SparcStation LX

Joshua Johnston flagg at midmaine.com
Sat Feb 23 20:11:07 CST 2002

G3's are getting cheaper.  And B&W models are still pretty neat, though
I can't remember if they're in the list of machines that have the video
cards that'd been dropped for OSX support.  I think the affected cards
are early ATI Rage and Rage Pro models.

My three architectures are my G3 500 iBook, my P4 and Athlon, and of
course my pair of Sparc machines.  Unfortunately...

I'm still having issues with the LX.  I tried a few more times and a
couple small things with the LX, and it seems that on most attempts to
reformat the HD on the LX, it screws up barfs on one of the node
creations. (700,000 something).  I also get a lot of 'aborted, retrying'
messages when it installs packages.  I got that a fairly decent amount
before trying the reinstallation, as well.