[rescue] Unpopular speech and Screwy SparcStation LX

Richard.Sandwell at roebry.co.uk Richard.Sandwell at roebry.co.uk
Sat Feb 23 14:31:17 CST 2002

>Heck, it's not even getting as far as that in the install process.  It
won't even hit the CD boot sector properly, so I think the disc is bad.

2 things -
Are you using a Sun CDROM drive?
And have you labelled the drive in the LX ?

Some CDROM's can't be set to use the  512 block size - I had the same
hassle as you installing Solaris 8 on a sparcstation 5 from an external HP
CD writer ages ago. Macintosh (CD150 and 300) cdroms work good, and some
toshibas do too. In fact I think I used a macintosh drive in the end :-(

//Richard