[rescue] Sun serial board

Arthur Wouk awouk at ra.nilenet.com
Sat Feb 23 11:24:27 CST 2002

>I have a sun serial board SPC/S (the one with the brick with 8 serial ports
>and one parallel port).
>
>I was told that the driver is in the kernel by default from Solaris 2.5.1 on.
>I'm using Solaris 8 until my 2.5.1 media arrive.  The url after the sig at
>sunsolve says that the devices for this card are ttyz00 through ttyz07.  But,
>when I ls /dev/tty*, I see no ttyz's.  What's up?  Do I need to isntall the
>packages anyway, and if so, where do I get them?
>
>--
>Joshua D. Boyd

i have one of these and just checked my /dev directory. i have in it

tty	ttyb
tty0	ttyp0
tty1	...
tty2
tty3
tty4
tty5
tty6
tty7
ttya

sparc2 solaris2.7.

i have the paddle attached and actually have one of the serial ports,
tty1, and the parallel port connected at the moment.

the parallel port shows as /dev/printers/0, and is working as well, to
drive a printer.

these appeared as soon as i did a boot -r.