[rescue] Unpopular speech (was: Fry's)

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Sat Feb 23 09:06:22 CST 2002

On Sat, 23 Feb 2002, George Adkins wrote:
> > > excuse me?
> > > we are talking about PeeCees here.
> >
> > which directive did you not understand? or shall i make myself more clear
> > on the whole?
> Perhaps you should make yourself more clear,

i am not:

--directing or influencing anyone's opinion either pro or con pc (or
  anything else i might add..)
--telling you what to think.
--questioning your first amendment right to express x opinion on a
  privately run machine which makes those same first amendment rights
  null and void.

i am:

telling you to knock off the negative and unnecessary bashing. i'm
sure that as an intelligent human being you can state an opinion
logically, without excessive troll-bait and be able to back that opinion
up with fact and discuss your opinions with others in peaceful, polite,
and non-stressful fashion.

there will be no argument on this.

if you wish to argue with me on policy on a mailing list i
moderate which is located on a machine i own and operate, the door is
thataways. *points at bottom of mail where the unsubscribe directions are
located*

alternately, you can attempt to nicely discuss privately with bill and i
where you think we are wrong in this panti-troll policy, politely and
without insult.

> Otherwise, I might think you were issuing some directive or edict regarding
> what opinions I may or may not express.  As one of the moderators of this
> private forum, please compose it carefully, as I expect you will be applying
> it to everyone equally, Right?

now you're baiting me. cute, very cute.

do _not_ piss me off this morning. this is your one and only warning.

it should be very crystal clear to you that i am in no way saying
that you cannot express an opinion here. i am however, saying that you'd
better watch carefully *the ways in which you express those same opinions*

i gave you credit for being intelligent. try and not disappoint me on
this.

--a