[rescue] Re: Fry's

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Sat Feb 23 02:00:14 CST 2002

On Sat, 23 Feb 2002, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Dave McGuire wrote:
>
> >   Reboot to install software?  You mean the OS, right?
>
> Actually I've rebooted Suns after installing non-OS software.

I don't know if Veritas stuff counts as OS (since you reboot to load
kernel bits), but I have run into two opportunities for rebooting my E450
during an install of Veritas Foundation Suite (VXVM+VXFS) under Solaris 8
this week. I'm pretty sure it would be the same whether it were an SBus
system or a PCI system, and no, the E450's twin is not available. :)

--Rob