[rescue] Re: Re: 300MHz Indigo2? (was Re: Indy question)

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Fri Feb 22 22:30:28 CST 2002

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, George Adkins wrote:

> > Hmmm. hinv in the PROM monitor does indeed show 300MHz.
>
> EEYA!
> Dude, if you have a dremel, cut the lock bar, they're not necessary, and much
> easier to find.

Heh. If I could find my Dremel (well, it's actually a Ryobi, my Dremel is
the little battery-buttplug model) I'd try the lockbar first. Wonder where
that little thing went, or if I just need to buy a new one. Walmart's
still open, isn't it? :)

This was one of the ones with IRIX 6.2 installed, so I guess I should find
those root password fix pages, there we go. Go go gadget printer!

Okay, got in as root, but on an interim reboot hinv showed 200MHz. Once I
got in, it said 250MHz.

	Iris Audio Processor: version A2 revision 1.1.0
	1 250 MHZ IP22 Processor
	FPU: MIPS R4000 Floating Point Coprocessor Revision: 0.0
	CPU: MIPS R4400 Processor Chip Revision: 6.0
	On-board serial ports: 2
	On-board bi-directional parallel port
	Data cache size: 16 Kbytes
	Instruction cache size: 16 Kbytes
	Secondary unified instruction/data cache size: 2 Mbytes on Processor 0
	Main memory size: 128 Mbytes
	EISA bus: adapter 0
	Integral Ethernet: ec0, version 1
	Integral SCSI controller 1: Version WD33C93B, revision D
	  CDROM: unit 6 on SCSI controller 1
	Integral SCSI controller 0: Version WD33C93B, revision D
	  CDROM: unit 3 on SCSI controller 0
	    Disk drive / removable media: unit 2 on SCSI controller 0
	  Disk drive: unit 1 on SCSI controller 0
	Graphics board: GR3-XZ

So I guess I'll accept it as a 250MHz machine, go look for that dremel,
and be happy. :)

Rob