[rescue] Re: 300MHz Indigo2? (was Re: Indy question)

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Fri Feb 22 21:46:08 CST 2002

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Robert Novak wrote:

> Hmm. Maybe it's another bug in hinv in the boot monitor. I'm pretty
> sure I saw 300 and wrote down 300 when I was doing quick inventory.
> Will have to check when I get home. What did come in 300mhz in a teal
> case that said Indigo2?

Hmmm. hinv in the PROM monitor does indeed show 300MHz.

http://britney.indyramp.net/~rnovak/hinv_300.jpg is a really bad
photograph taken in the last couple of minutes of the screen display. In
the diagnostics, it says 250MHz. I have another that says 250MHz in
diagnostics but 200MHz in the PROM monitor. Guess I should install an
OS and see what it says afterward.

Unfortunately I can't open it up and look, as there is a padlock on the
lockbar and I have nothing to cut it with. Maybe I could dremel the top
open and put plexiglass over it.

--Rob