[rescue] Fry's

James Sharp jsharp at psychoses.org
Fri Feb 22 17:10:31 CST 2002

> 	If you want to talk speed, well, I don't know of any Sun Machines
> around that do 1.3 terrabytes of data transfers like ftp.cdrom.com use to
> do (up until the last transfer of FreeBSD ownership.)

There's an Ultra 2 downstairs that regularly handles 500+ GB in & then
back out (Its a news router) a day.  I'd say that between the inbound
newsfeed & outbound newsfeeds, it probably shuffles close to 2.5TB a day.
All on a couple of FastE sbus cards - no superduper 66Mhz 64Bit
ultrasuperwidebanzaioverclocked PCI.

Its not even breaking a sweat.