[rescue] Re: Re: Indy question

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Fri Feb 22 12:13:37 CST 2002

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, George Adkins wrote:

> > I've been selling a couple for far less than that, R4400 150-200mhz,
> > 64-128MB and XZ or "Elan" graphics... Actually I got one at a swap meet
> > this month with unknown graphics and some sort of SC-connector fiber card,
> > no RAM, 1gb disk, cdrom, for $25. I haven't gotten it to work yet, but you
> > can find them in some places fairly cheaply.
> >
> Look at the number of big CPGA chips in the 4 sockets in the middle of the
> thing, if there's 2, it's an XZ.  If it has all 4, then it's an Elan.

Well, I said "XZ or Elan" because I had a mix. About half "GR3-Elan" and
half "GR3-XZ"...  Mostly I based my descriptions on what 'hinv' told me,
since it's hard to open machines in a stack of six :)

> I wasn't aware that the R4400-200 would work in an Indigo,  I knew about the
> R4400-150...

I had two 200s and two 150s that I sold.  I have a 300 too, according to
what hinv at the boot monitor thing told me. These are Indigo2, btw.

> Could that SC-fiber card actually be a GIO32 FDDI card?  Damn, I'd give any
> three digits for one of those...

I don't know what it is. It is EISA though, not GIO. See
http://www.sunhelp.org/pipermail/rescue/2002-February/048252.html for the
details I have about it. It's from Zeitnet and may well be ATM.

--Rob