[rescue] Re: Indy question

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Feb 22 10:03:01 CST 2002

> > His are Indigo2s.  The mid range graphics on the indigo2s had either
> > 2 or 4 GE7s depending on the revision.  If it has 4 then it reports
> > ad "elan".  The fddi card is likely EISA but may be GIO64.
> >
> That's not what he said, he said Indigos.  And besides, Elan was an Indigo
> graphics option.  I wasn't aware of any option for the Indigo2 called "Elan".

I actually did quite a bit of research on this last night, as I was
trying to identify some boards from some Indigos that I'll be
resurecting.  I was happy to find one of them had XS8Z - which, AFAIK,
was never an official option - but only requires two memory boards to
become XS24Z - and 3 GREs to be Elan.  That one ought to be useable well
into the next few years.

Speaking of which - does anyone have, or know of a good source for the
above parts (vidram, GREs)?

Kurt