[rescue] Re: Indy question

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Fri Feb 22 09:20:33 CST 2002

> I've been selling a couple for far less than that, R4400 150-200mhz,
> 64-128MB and XZ or "Elan" graphics... Actually I got one at a swap meet
> this month with unknown graphics and some sort of SC-connector fiber card,
> no RAM, 1gb disk, cdrom, for $25. I haven't gotten it to work yet, but you
> can find them in some places fairly cheaply.

Look at the number of big CPGA chips in the 4 sockets in the middle of the
thing, if there's 2, it's an XZ.  If it has all 4, then it's an Elan.
I wasn't aware that the R4400-200 would work in an Indigo,  I knew about the
R4400-150...

Could that SC-fiber card actually be a GIO32 FDDI card?  Damn, I'd give any
three digits for one of those...