[rescue] Personal Workstation 433a happiness

Bjorn Ramqvist brt at g.haggve.se
Fri Feb 22 00:45:13 CST 2002

Bill Bradford wrote:

> Anybody remember the uVAX II that had most of the expansion slots
> filled with epoxy?  It was cheaper to order the "crippled" uVAX II,
> then a *cough* replacement backplane from a normal uVAX, than to
> order the "normal" uVAX from the start.

Oh yes, we had one where I work, long before I got this job.
We had one MicroVAX 4000-300 and one VAXserver 4000-300. Two exactly
identical machines, just that the "VAXserver" had a single-user license
burned-in in the ROM. Probably needed a ROM-replacement to get that
beast to full multiuser. (OpenVMS did care about this console variable,
but *BSD doesn't)

--
Vdnliga hdlsningar/Best Regards
Bjvrn Ramqvist, Hdgglunds Vehicle AB