[rescue] Re: Indy question

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Thu Feb 21 23:02:36 CST 2002

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> > > I just got a 250Mhz r4400 with a Max Impact display and no monitor for
> > > just over $100. Don't know yet what else it has.
> >
> > That is a far from typical deal.
>
> Tooka  quick look around eBay a few weeks ago for Indigo stuff - and found a
> few R4k Indogos going for about $300!  I also found R3k LG1s going for close
> to $200.  WTF happened to dirt cheap Indigos?  Criminy, at the time I found
> a couple Indigo 2s sold for less than $100....

I've been selling a couple for far less than that, R4400 150-200mhz,
64-128MB and XZ or "Elan" graphics... Actually I got one at a swap meet
this month with unknown graphics and some sort of SC-connector fiber card,
no RAM, 1gb disk, cdrom, for $25. I haven't gotten it to work yet, but you
can find them in some places fairly cheaply.

On the other hand, there's a local place that wants $300 for an Indy that
doesn't even have the floptical. Dunno the specs, maybe it's got the Hans
and Franz treatment.

Wonder what kind of disk treatment I should give my keeper Indigo2. I've
seen hints that 7200rpm disks are too hot... Anyone have recent advice on
this? Or should I just go external?

--Rob