[rescue] NCDWare for 19r-series?

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Thu Feb 21 20:22:10 CST 2002

airboss at nodewarrior.org writes:

>dave at cca.org writes:

> > Fonts are a problem. The X server for the 19r uses an old font
> > format - PCF I think? That's a bitch.

>I have PCF fonts on my Sun (2.5.1) box. I can't seem to get the NCD to
>pull fonts from a fontserver, though. It tries NFS, TFTP, and gives
>up.

I never got mine to talk to the proper font server, it gets fonts
by TFTP.

Once you can see the config file, getting the fontpath stuff worked
out will be easy.

> > You're aware of all the goodies the "setup" key gives you once
> > X is running, right?

>I wasn't, but now I am ;). I was able to get it to quit trying to
>NFS-mount its former owner, which he's probably happy about ;). I
>don't see any blanks there for "font server IP address", though there
>are a few parameters for font service.

First off, go into Setup -> Change Setup Parameters. set a few things,
then go to the File menu to write the config file back to your fileserver.
Then you can edit that file. Much easier.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
----------------- Live each day like the Triffids are coming. -------------