[rescue] Can someone recommend a UNIX based Digital Audio Workstation?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Feb 21 20:07:27 CST 2002

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 06:43:38PM -0500, Julius Sridhar wrote:

> I use a Tascam Compustudio.  Works fine.  Even does 24-bit multichannel
> digital discrete outputs for hooking to a Dolby Digital
> compressor/encoder.

Is that a unix setup?  Google doesn't return anything.

Personally, while I could probably write my own audio software, I think I'm
just going to go buy an AudioMediaII and a copy of cubase to run on a
PowerMac 7100.  Should be cheap ($30 something for card, $100 for software),
and able to do enough tracks.  Of course, with only one card I'm limited to
on 2 tracks in and out at a time.  But, for just me that should be fine, and
I can add another card or two later if I need to.

--
Joshua D. Boyd