[rescue] Interface info for IBM Dials and Buttons boxes?

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Thu Feb 21 19:47:31 CST 2002

On Thursday 21 February 2002 08:23 pm, you wrote:

> > When I last looked at the book for these things I remember seeing that an
> > RS-232 port came in there somewhere in addition to the tablet port.  Now,
> > where did I see that book at....
>
> RS/6000's usually have two DB25 serial ports along with their Keyboard,
> Mouse, and Tablet ports.  There are also add-in cards for 4, 8, 16, 64, or
> 128 (!) coprocessed serial ports.

Well, yeah, I realize all that.  What I'm saying is that I saw a diagram that
displays connecting the dials device via BOTH the tablet and RS-232 ports,
i.e., you may not be able to do a full daisy chain for everything via the
tablet port alone.

What I found was a couple pages out of the Adapters, Devices and Cable Info
for MCA-Bus Systems book.  It shows some connection diagrams, but they take
into account the LPFK (Lighted Programmable Function Keyboard).  May not be
of any help here yet, but at least I found what I remembered reading about
the dials device in.....

BTW, what is an IBM RT PC?  Anything at all related to RS/6K's?

Eric