[rescue] Personal Workstation 433a happiness

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Thu Feb 21 10:20:50 CST 2002

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 04:50:26PM +0100, Bjorn Ramqvist wrote:

> I opened up the covers and checked all the switches, found nothing.
> I started to wonder if I would do a die-hard trick and fool the FlashROM
> to think it's a "433au" instead of just "433a".
I have a 500au, that came with NT. I had to go into the AlphaBIOS
and there was a OS-type menu in one of the submenues. (I can check
that in the manual when I am at home later.) Switched to "UNIX"
mode, save, PWR OFF - PWR ON and I got SRM.

BTW: If you want to give NetBSD a try, the de(4) driver for the ethernet
does not work on the PWS. Recompile a kernel and enable the tlp(4)
driver.
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen