[rescue] What USB cards work with Solaris 8?

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Thu Feb 21 10:00:39 CST 2002

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Belkin, but I noticed that one of the the generic cards was the same EXACT
> card as the Belkin, but with different stickers.  Look at the picture on
> the box.. under $20.  (compusa)

That's because for most of their products, Belkin just buys a design
from someone else.  I've got a friend whose design firm was bought up
by Belkin.

Belkin couldn't understand why the cost to design something for themselves
was much more than their license fees...  (HINT: When you license it, usually
4 or 5 others are too, so licensing costs are only 20-25% what dev costs
are)

--Kurt