[rescue] Interface info for IBM Dials and Buttons boxes?

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Thu Feb 21 04:58:09 CST 2002

On Thursday 21 February 2002 12:17 am, you wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Corda Albert J DLVA wrote:
> > and 6094-010). Physically, they look very similar to the dials and
> > buttons boxes used on SGIs.
> >
> > So far, I've been able to determine that these are RS232 interfaced
> > critters.
>
> Try sending it an `h'--not as daft as it seems;  one of the various SGI
> gadgets replies with a help screen on how to communicate with it.
> (Spaceball?).

If no one gets anywhere with this let me know.  I think I can get my hands on
one of these at work and can try to help hack it.  For some reason I remember
a manual as well, but I'm not sure.  We dug it out of the scrap pile a couple
months ago, scratched our heads and then said "Oh!"  Got a ton of those
digitizer pads that they work with, but I don't believe those are RS-232....
Sridhar?

Eric