[rescue] Barrage of questions

jwbirdsa at picarefy.com jwbirdsa at picarefy.com
Wed Feb 20 01:49:29 CST 2002

1) Prestoserve, prestoserve, who's got the prestoserve software?

2) Can a SS1000E system board function as a SS1000 board if it's in a
chassis with a SS1000 control board?

3) Speaking of FDDI and drivers, does anybody have programming info for
the old VME FDDI/DX board, 501-1276? I don't suppose that a diskless
-3 or -4 will run that much faster on mounts via FDDI than via 10base,
but it would be neat.

4) I don't do much with graphics, so how come I keep ending up with
graphics monsters? HP C160 Visualize, I2 Solid Impact, and then today
an I2 Extreme and a 7006-42T with GXT500 graphics. On the other hand,
the C100 I got today has a board that everybody seems to think belongs
in a J210 instead (A4081-66009) which looks like your basic VGA card
adapted for whatever bus the C-series uses (what is that called, anyway?).

   --James B.