[rescue] Ss 4/5 speed

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Tue Feb 19 16:58:24 CST 2002

> > > Actually, that's an AFX slot. It's for accellerated graphics hardware. The S24
> > > supports AFX, I think. A friend just picked one of those up for $90. Neat, but
> > > more than I'd pay for a video card...
> >
> > Aichipapa! that's insane. I paid all of $25 for one on ebay, and don't
> > even have a 5 to put it in.
> >
> I'm still suffering with 8-bit color on my 5. A couple months ago I saw
> 3 AFX cards on eBay each for $45 or so. Thought if there were that many
> at one time they couldn't be too hard to find. Haven't seen one since.
> Still want one, too...

I have all my systems except for my two Linux boxes on a
terminal server.  The two Linux boxes are on a KVM switch
with a 19" monitor, and I set DISPLAY to point to the dual
PIII-750 for the display (except for the PWS500au running
VMS V7.3, which has its own 19" monitor even though the
console is serial).  I don't have to bother with trying to
find a reasonably-priced 24-bit color card for the servers.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net