[rescue] Ss 4/5 speed

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Tue Feb 19 16:56:07 CST 2002

Bill Bradford wrote:

> THE LINE  TO KILL SAMBO FORMS TO THE RIGHT, PEOPLE.

I'm armed, and know how to use it. Just because guns@ never took off
doesn't mean there wasn't any interest.

> I'd love to get a few ss4s and ss5s right now.  Would make good
> bookshelves.. 8-)

I considered your classic/lx/ipx idea for bookshelves, with the machines
clustered and running some sort of library cataloguing software, but
decided it wasn't worth the electricity.

SS4s and 5s have plenty of uses, though, as dedicated single-purpose
servers for all sorts of things; firwalls, web/ftp servers, mail, etc...
Anyone who's got a few extras can feel free to send them my way.

---sambo