[rescue] CRAY J90 on ebay

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Feb 18 15:52:25 CST 2002

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 11:28:42AM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2002683554
>   If it's complete (i.e. includes the OWS, and the disks aren't wiped),
> this is a good price...it's a very nice config.

Its the same one that they've been trying to sell for months.

Due to the scarcity of this type of machine we are not familiar with them.  Below you will find some of the information that we were able to obtain off this J90.  If you have any specific questions pertaining to this computer, feel free to e-mail us and we'll do our best to get you answers.  Also, the two links at the bottom of the page should help.

J90 includes (system number J916 serial number 9285).  Date of manufacture of this unit appears to be 1995.

2 removable processor blades with 8 p/n 90288400-A2 cards and two p/n 90380017 processor boards
2 memory blades consisting of two main memory boards, p/n 90380501, and 128 sticks of memory, p/n 90267701 (believe to be 32 MB per stick)
Slots for 4 more memory or processor blades
2 VME Chassis which include Qty 8 p/n 90360801, Qty 6 p/n 90256603, Qty 4 p/n 90384403, Qty 2 p/n 90384402, Qty 2 p/n 90360800, Qty 2 Centrecom Tranceiver 470 model AT-470
Peripheral side units contain Qty 8 PE30S that seem to be power supplies or power modules (all on sliding rails).
System includes main cabinet and a pair of matching peripheral cabinets.  All with front and rear access doors.
 Equipment includes cables that should all be properly configured/cabled to systems and cable management arms.
Unit input: 30 amp 250V Plug.
Unit is in great shape with only one small ding in lower-center front door (see picture).

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net