[rescue] IRIX overlays

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Feb 18 11:37:33 CST 2002

> According to SGI, Each machine has a version of irix that its
> registered and licensed for.  I sold a challenge DM to a friend and

Right - that I knew...

> they said that it was licensed for 5.3, so it was ok for him to make
> a copy of 5.3 from somebody who had 5.3 so that he could get his
> machine up and running.  This is the extent of what I'm proposing.
> If someone can send me proof that their machine is licensed for an
> older version of IRIX that they don't have then I'll burn them cds or
> let them download them.  I'm not sure how this would work w/ 6.5.x
> but I know that SGI has allowed things like this for 5.3 and 6.2.

This makes sense then.  Presuming someone can provide proof of
licensure, then this works.

THat said, I've got:
5.3 + NFS
6.2.something (complete, including all the demos, overlays, etc)
6.5.something (complete, including all the demos, indyzone, overlays,
etc)

I'll can catalog them for you when I get ack to the house.

Kurt