[rescue] threaded or linear reading? (appropriate subjects)

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Mon Feb 18 08:03:25 CST 2002

George Adkins wrote:

> > What do other people do?
> >
> Threaded, definitely.  K-Mail. (On Solaris)
> I wouldn't be able to keep track of the conversations and replies if it
> weren't threaded.

Linear. netscape. Yes, it sucks, but there's nothing out there I like
better. I'd still be using elm if it could filter.

I actually wrote my own GUI mail client once (in tcl), with all the
keybindings I was used to from elm, and did just what I wanted
interface-wise, etc, and it STILL sucked. I stopped using it after about
a week.

Unfortunately, I get way too much mail now to go back. WIsh I could,
though. A return to the days of under 500 messages/day would be nice...

---sambo