[rescue] Re:serial expansion question

Arthur Wouk awouk at ra.nilenet.com
Sat Feb 16 23:48:08 CST 2002

>I just got a Sun multiport serial port, cable, and breakout box (with 8 serial
>and 1 parallel), and an artiport serial board with 3 serial ports and 1
>parallel.
>
>So, the question is, what OSs will work with these.  I don't see either on the
>list of supported devices for NetBSD.  Will Solaris 8 support them, or do I
>need something older?  Linux?
>
>Also, does anyone have a spare set of Solaris 2.5.1 CDs.  I think those would
>be handy to have for a few machines.
>
>--
>Joshua D. Boyd

i have the box running on a sparc2  under solaris2.7 (last solaris for
sparc2s).  i am told that it will run on any later sparc with solaris8
and up. it came with literature for sunos4....! at least for solaris
2.4 and on, it is automatically enabled on a boot. i am using one
parallel port for a printer, one serial port for a headless sparc2.